Friday, May 17, 2013

I've decided to try my hand at this blogging thing again.  I can't find how to post in my previous blog, so I had to start another.  Does everyone know that I'm blonde?  Well, lots of silver/gray, but used to be blonde!  

I rescued this chair on the side of the road (it was at my neighbor's house, I called her to make sure she hadn't promised it to anyone else and she hadn't).  We are in the process of rebuilding our back deck that goes to our three season porch and I thought this chair would be a great addition.  

This is what it looked like when I picked it up: 



 We cleaned it up and I bought a can of Georgia Clay spray paint on sale for $3.00.  I put two coats on the chair, it was a beautiful clear day, nice and cool so it dried in about 10 minutes.  I let it sit between coats (I went to have a manicure - I had to wear rubber gloves after the manicure!) and then sprayed the 2nd coat.  Here's what it looked like spray painted: 



I had a cushion from an older wicker chair that we no longer have and I put that on the chair and set it in the spot I want it.  This is what it looks like now: 

I will take another picture because we've planted the wire basket with geraniums for the spring/summer season and it looks much better.  

Not bad for $3.00! 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment