Monday, June 10, 2013

Peonies & Poppies

I love seeing all my perennials bloom throughout the spring.  Here are my peony bushes.  The smaller one is much older than the larger one and for some reason it doesn't have as many blooms as in past years. 

This is the larger peony above.

This is the smaller (older) peony.  I took these pictures BEFORE a huge rainstorm last week.  The larger bush is pretty much beat down, the smaller one fared much better and I can still see some blooms ready.

Here is a closer picture of my poppies.  I love the poppies - I wish they lasted forever.  I used to have some icelandic, but they seem to have stopped blooming, all I have now are the orange blossoms:
I have a large Hydrangea, that has so many buds on it, we can hardly wait for it to bloom.  That blooms until late October/early November.  Looking forward to sharing those pictures with you!

We have some weeding and mulching to do - hopefully this weekend if there's time - we run out of time every weekend, we need to have 3 or 4 days off all the time to get it all done!






No comments:

Post a Comment