Monday, December 9, 2013

Dare to DIY

My nephew got married in September of 2012.  My two nieces gave to his bride for her shower a basket of wine bottles with tags on them, when to drink them, etc.  One of the bottles was a beautiful snowy scene that they had to share on their first married Christmas Eve.  They celebrated Christmas Eve with us and brought the bottle of wine with them.  I saved the bottle with hopes of doing something with it for them for Christmas 2013.

My husband drilled a hole in the back of the bottle using a special drill bit for glass only.  I bought a small string of battery operated LED lights at the Dollar Tree (only $1 - good price for that store wouldn't you say???) and I picked up a wine stopper with a Christmas tree on it at Pier 1.  Below is our finished product:


We love the way they turned out and can't wait to make some more! 

4 comments: